This feature makes it possible to create new users under your regular GC2 account. The new users are called sub-users and do not have their own database, but will log into the "parent" database. The parent-user will be able to assign the sub-user privileges such as read/write access to certain layers. A new sub-user will have its own schema in the database, where the sub-user can create its own data sets and assign privileges to other sub-users.
Create new sub-user
- Start by clicking on 'New sub-user'.
- Enter a name for the new sub-user. The name must be unique among all users and sub-users on the server.
- Add an email.
- Choose a password.
- The new Sub-user can be assigned its own schema (with the same name as sub-user). In this schema the sub-user has full privileges to all layer.
All sub-users appear far right on the dashboard where they can be deleted.
- Start by choosing which layers you want to give sub-users access to. Click on a layer-line in the Database tab, so it becomes gray. Then click Privileges.
- In the dialog, sub-users can now be granted privileges to the layer. There are four levels: 'None', 'Only read', 'Read and write' and 'All'
None: Sub-user has no access to the layer. The sub-user will not see the layer in GC2 Admin Viewer and WMS/WFS.
Read: Only read access. The layer is visible to the sub-user GC2 Admin Viewer and WMS / WFS.
Write: Enables sub-user access to write to the layer in GC2 Admin and through WFS.
All: sub-user can change the layer properties such as style and table structure.
It is important to set the layer's Authentication Level to "Read/write" if some sub-users only are given read privileges. By 'Write' all have read privileges, including sub-users.
Sub-user WMS/WFS password and API-key
Sub-users choose their own password to WMS/WFS and API key. When the sub-user has logged in the usual way, click on:
- Services for Service dialog to apear.
- Password is selected and click Update.
- Api-key. New API key is created (this is not necessary as there is created a key automatically.)